Tuesday 14 June 2011

My Father's Legacy

It was a winter Friday evening, I am considering to attend bible study every forth night to learn other people’s wisdom. Although I have a different religion they gave me a very warm welcome in the group. Status, education and achievement were disregarded as everybody opens their heart, mind and soul to the presence of God. I always believe that there is only ONE GOD and whatever name you call him it doesn’t matter to me.

Today’s topic was the continuation of the previous sharing, which I find very relevant in life. Guide questions have been raised and answered to our different point of views and shared our in most thoughts. Being a blessing to other is a very broad discussion that leads to different aspects of life. I been getting heaps of wisdoms that I can inculcate and practice while I am still living.

My father, Engineer Eliseo Madrigalejos Belen Jr was a Mechanical and Electrical Engineer who work with National Power Corporation in the Philippines. He was ambitious, intelligent, hard-working and patient person who loved his family dearly and had sacrificed everything to give us the best thing in life. My grandmother, Leonila, always tells me a story about my father. She said that my father is very industrious and would not stop until he finished what he started and gets what he want. From her story, he said that my father is obedient, kind and compassionate. When he was studying he will wake up early to help my grandmother prepare the stuffs need for their store. After his house chores were finished he then rush to school to study. My grandfather would tell me that he sometimes get upset with my father for staying late to study. He finished his study in Bicol University and luckily passed the board examinations then met my mother, Haydee in Professional Regulation Commission . They fell in love, got married and dreamed to build a family; there it came us... me and my sister.

The legacy of my father is the most precious endowment since birth. Carrying his name is the most difficult task that was bestowed upon me. When I was still a child, my father worked abroad to fulfil his dreams and give us a better future. When he came back, I was already in primary school and couldn’t even recognise him because I grew up not seeing him. As he work with the government he was assigned in different places where he needed to stay there for quite sometime.
There are so many similarities between me and my father, when you look at me you can see him in me... I exactly look like him... the way I walk, my built and even my gestures. We both love music... exactly the same genre! We both love books and one of our favorite author is Sydney Sheldon. We also share the same hobbies which are mind mapping while listening to music and doing something else.

Yes, I looked up to my fathers, his values and virtues are permanently implanted to me. All the things that he thought me are the only constant in my life. Though I can never turn back time, I know somewhere I will be with him, to enjoy each other’s company. I love my father so dearly and nothing... no one can change that.

But, what legacy will I leave when my human time is through? I honestly do not know. Only God knows. I trust Him with everything and lift up all my life to Him. I can’t thank God enough for giving me my wonderful parents especially my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment